When the going gets tough, the world is dragging you down and the turkeys are on your case.
It’s easier than you think to turn it around.
Instant happiness is the key. Now instant happiness is not a pill or a potion, some quick fix, temporary solution to a terrible problem.
Instant happiness is a set of go to things that you love, that make you smile, that put the world back in balance. We all get down in the dumps from time to time as we rub up against the daily grind of life, but we don’t have to stay that way, getting around like we have been sucking on lemons all day.
You just need 5 good go to things that put a smile on your dial. So when things get out of whack you have something that brings the smile back.
Here are my 5
- Listen to the Rolling Stones (the best songs from some of my best times growing up)
- Really good coffee in a quiet place ( nothing like a hit of caffeine in a zen environment to unravel the frazzle)
- Movie – in a theatre (I love being transporter into another world for a couple hours, particularly when it comes with a chic top)
- Long Walk (sometimes a lap around the block, through the park, up the hill or along the beach puts things in perspective)
- Movenpic mint chocolate chip ice cream (heavenly indulgence – just the thought puts a smile on my face)
Now if I could go on a long walk to the movies while listening to the Rolling Stones and drinking a really good cup of coffee and pic up some Movenpic along the way – INSTANT BLISS. Think I’m going to do that :))
What are your 5 instant happiness hits?